Utopia Tableware Ltd is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of our business activities on the environment.
Key actions we have taken:
- We only source products from suppliers that have stringent environmental and ethical policies.
- Our logistics system allows for consolidation of loads reducing unnecessary mileage and therefore carbon footprint.
- Stringent waste measures are in place including recycling of materials wherever possible.
- ISO9000 quality accredited to ensure a reduction in defect products and therefore replacements.
- A website that displays all product information, features and benefits of the company to reduce the number of catalogues in use.
- The catalogues that are used, are printed using paper that is FSC certified and manufactured to the highest environmental standard using wood pulp that is sourced from well-managed forests.
- Energy efficient equipment is used wherever possible within our factories and offices to ensure the lowest CO² consumption possible.
- Use of electronic communications, reducing the consumption of paper.
- Use of teleconferencing wherever possible, keeping travelling to a minimum, saving time and energy.
- When travelling in the UK and overseas is needed, the most efficient ways are sort after, ensuring we keep our carbon footprint as a business to a minimum.
Utopia Tableware Ltd is committed to ETHICAL TRADING PRACTICES. WE ACTIVELY ENSURE OUR SUPPLY CHAIN ADHERES TO THE SAME PRINCIPLES WE BELIEVE IN.
The minimum principles of business operations that Utopia Tableware follows are:
- We support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights;
- We ensure that our supply chain are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- We uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- We do not conduct business with suppliers that use any form of forced and/or compulsory labour;
- We have zero acceptance of child labour;
- We ensure that our supply chain does not discriminate in respect of employment and occupation.
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic,
- We support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges and support initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility;
- We encourage the adoption of environmentally friendly technologies.
- We do not condone corruption in any form, including extortion and bribery, fraud and money laundering.